This type of cooling tower is called "cross flow" because air contacts water in a cross pattern.
The cooling tower inhaling air from both sides is called "double-cross flow type" (shown in the figure to the right) and the cooling tower inhaling air from a single side is called "single-cross flow type."
- Removing foreign materials and cleaning are easy because the hot-water tank at the top of the tower is open.
- Inspection is easy because the filler can be visually checked from the side of the cooling tower.
- Inspection of the inside of the tower is available during operation.
- The fan power is lower than the counter flow type.
- The noise level near the tower is lower than the counter flow type.
This type of cooling tower is called "counter flow" because air counters with water.
- The pump lift can be lowered because the rising plumbing position can be lower than the cross flow type.
- Suitable for cold districts because less parts contact the outside air (e.g., filler).